Lecturer of Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry.
Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kasr El-Aini St., Cairo 11562, Egypt (email)
Full Name: Rasha Ahmed Mahmoud Hassan
Date and Place of Birth: June 12, 1978, Cairo, Egypt
2000, B.S., Excellent Honor (Pharmaceutical Sciences), Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt
2005, M.S., (Organic Chemistry), Department of Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt
2015 PhD (Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry), Department of Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt
Brief Chronology of Employment:
July 2015-present Lecturer, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
2005-July 2015. Assistant Lecturer, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
2000-2005, Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
1. Organic synthesis focusing on the construction of organic compounds with very interesting pharmaceutical properties from other compounds having vastly different properties
2. The study of organic intermediates formed in each step of synthesis as it is the key factor for understanding the progress of the reaction
3. The study of the reaction mechanisms
4. The use of modern and comprehensive organic synthesis approaches
Present Address: Apartment 2 , Building 16 A, Zone 28, 15thMay City, Cairo , Egypt
1) Amr M. Abdou, S. Botros, Rasha A. Hassan, D. F. Taber, Azza T. Taher, and Mona M. Kamel, Useful four-carbon synthons en route to monastrol analogs, Tetrahedron, 71, 139-141, 2015.
2) D. F. Taber, and P. W. DeMatteo, Rasha A. Hassan., "Simplified Preparation of Dimethyldioxirane (DMDO)", Organic Syntheses, vol. 90, pp. 350-357, 2013.
3) Rasha A Mahmoud: Botros, S.; El-Ansary, A. K. and Kamel, M. M..(2006): Synthesis of certain substituted Pyridazines and pyrimido[4,5-c]pyridazines of anticipated antimicrobial activity. Bulletin of Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, vol 43(3), p 35-41, 2006
1) Rasha A. Hassan., S. Botros, A. T. Taher, and M. M. Kamel, "Progress toward the synthesis of Brasilicardin A", 5th International Scientific Conference of Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo university, April 23, 24, 2014.
2) Rasha A Mahmoud: Botros, S.; El-Ansary, A. K. and Kamel, M. M..(2004): Synthesis of Fused Pyridazine Heterocycles of Pharmaceutical Interest. 9th IBN SINA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PURE AND APPLIED HETEROCYCLIC CHEMISTRY, Sharm Elshiek, December 11-14, 2004.
1) Effective presentation skills 25/9/2013 to 26/9/2013
2) Research ethics 22/2/2014 to 23/2/2014
3) Exams and student evaluation systems 11/6/2014 to 12/6/2014
4) Use of Technology in Teaching
(Last updated: Fri, 2016-02-05 09:33)