Current Academic Position
Professor, Cairo University, Faculty of Arts, Department of Philosophy
Professor, Alexandria Center of Hellenistic Studies, Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
Academic Advisor of Graduate Studies (MA & PhD programs) deparment of philosophy - Cairo University.
Previous Academic Positions Held:
1989 – 1998, Lecturer, Cairo University
1998 – 2008, Assistant professor, Cairo University
1999 – 2001, Assistant professor, University of the Aegean, Rhodes, Greece
2008 – 2013, Associate professor, Cairo University
2013 - present, professor, Cairo University
Areas of Specialization:
Greek Philosophy; Greek Culture, Presocratic, Plato, Hellenistic Philosophy; Hermetic Writings,
Research and Publications:
- Philosophy of education (in press)
- Heraclitus Fragments, A Text and Translation with a Commentary ( in Arabic), Greek foundation of educational research and studies, Athens, 2013, pp.317.
- Ancient Greek Philosophy from 6th to 4th century B.C (Thales to Plato) ( in Arabic) Athens, 2012, pp.233
- Plato’s Symposium, (in Arabic),Athens, Greek- Egyptian League, 2007, pp.189
- From myth to logos. Translation (from Greek into Arabic) E.Moutsopoulos's, Cairo University Press, Cairo, 2003, pp.167.
- The Dialectic of Permanence and Change, (in English) Philosophia, Research Centre on Greek Philosophy, Academy of Athens, vol. 45, 2015 ( In Press).
- Similarities in Plato’s “Myth of Er” and Dante’s Divine Comedy", (in English), Diotima 2016, (In Press)
- Philosophy as a study of death, (in French) (in press)
- Hypatia: The Philosopher- Martyr of the Religious State(in English), Angelakis, Athens, 2012.
- The role of myth in platonic philosophy: Study on the Republic book X (The myth or Er), (in Arabic), Classical Papers, Vol., X, Cairo University Press 2010, pp. 167-188.
- Hermetic cosmology as an esoteric path, (in English), Ordre et liberté: L’univers cosmique et humain (Actes du XIXe Congrès ‘Cosmos et Philosophie’, Athènes, 5-7 Octobre 2010), 2011, pp. 152-158.
- The contribution of Averroes to the spread of Greek philosophy (in Greek), The Friends of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, 2011, pp. 121-138
- The Spartan Citizen according to Plato's Laws, (in English), Academy of Athens, Research Centre on Greek Philosophy, 2011, pp. 92-99
- 5000 years relations between Greece and Egypt, (in Greek), Hellenistic period of Alexandria as part of Egypt’s history, The Friends of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, 2008, pp. 91-106
- The Republic of Zeno of Citium, (in Greek), Philosophia: yearbook of the research centre of Greek philosophy at the academy of Athens, vol. 36, 2006, pp. 205-214
- Ammonius Saccas and his time, (in English), Philosophy in Hellenistic Alexandria, Athens, 2006, pp. 33-38
- The Stoic’s Physics, (in Arabic), The Journal of Philosophy, Beni Suef University, Egypt, 2005, pp. 5-46
Review of Corpus Hermeticum, Bompiani, Milano, 2005, (Diotima, vol. 34, 2006, pp. 221-222)
Board Membership (selected)
Member of the British Philosophical Association (BPA)
Vice president, Greek- Egyptian League, Athens
Member, The Friends of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Greek chapter)
Member of the Egyptian Philosophical Association
Member, Supreme Council of Culture - Egypt
International Awards (selected)
Commander of the Order of the Lion of Alexandria, Patriarchate of Alexandria and All Africa, “for efforts to the promotion of the Greek Philosophy” December 2014
Honorary Medal of Greek Foundation of Educational Research and Studies “for Scientists contributing to the advance worldwide of the ancient Greek Philosophical Literature” July 2014.
Honorary Medal of Hellenic Society of Translators of Literature “for translation of Philosophical Literature”, December 2013.