Current Academic Posit
Professor, Cairo University, Faculty of Arts, Department of Philosophy
Professor, Alexandria Centerf or Hellenistic Studies, Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
Previous Academic Positions Held:
1989 – 1998, Lecturer, Cairo University
1998 – 2008, Assistant professor, Cairo University
1999 – 2001, Assistant professor, University of the Aegean, Rhodes, Greece
2008 – 2013, Associate professor, Cairo University
2013 - present, professor, Cairo University
Areas of Specialization:
Greek Philosophy; Greek Culture, Presocratic, Plato, Hellenistic Philosophy; Hermetic Writings,
Research and Publications:
- Heraclitus Fragments, A Text and Translation with a Commentary ( in Arabic), Greek foundation of educational research and studies,Athens, 2013, pp.317.
- Ancient Greek Philosophy from 6th to 4th century B.C (Thales to Plato) ( in Arabic) Athens, 2012, pp.233
- Plato’s Symposium, (in Arabic),Athens, Greek- Egyptian League, 2007, pp.189
- From myth to logos. Translation (from Greek into Arabic) E.Moutsopoulos's, Cairo University Press, Cairo, 2003, pp.167.
- Hypatia: The Philosopher- Martyr of the Religious State(in English), Angelakis,Athens, 2012.
- The role of myth in platonic philosophy: Study on the Republic book X (The myth or Er), (in Arabic), Classical Papers, Vol., X, Cairo University Press 2010, pp. 167-188.
- Hermetic cosmology as an esoteric path, (in English), Ordre et liberté: L’univers cosmique et humain (Actes du XIXe Congrès ‘Cosmos et Philosophie’, Athènes, 5-7 Octobre 2010), 2011, pp. 152-158.
- The contribution of Averroes to the spread of Greek philosophy (in Greek), The Friends of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, 2011, pp. 121-138
- The Spartan Citizen according to Plato's Laws, (in English), Academy of Athens, Research Centre on Greek Philosophy, 2011, pp. 92-99
- 5000 years relations between Greece and Egypt, (in Greek), Hellenistic period of Alexandria as part of Egypt’s history, The Friends of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, 2008, pp. 91-106
- The Republic of Zeno of Citium, (in Greek), Philosophia: yearbook of the research centre of Greek philosophy at the academy of Athens, vol. 36, 2006, pp. 205-214
- Ammonius Saccas and his time, (in English), Philosophy in Hellenistic Alexandria, Athens, 2006, pp. 33-38
- The Stoic’s Physics, (in Arabic), The Journal of Philosophy, Beni Suef University, Egypt, 2005, pp. 5-46
Review of Corpus Hermeticum, Bompiani, Milano, 2005, (Diotima, vol. 34, 2006, pp. 221-222)
Board Membership (selected)
Member of the British Philosophical Association (BPA),UK
Honorary Member, Hellenic Society of Translators of Literature, Athens
Vice president, Greek- Egyptian League, Athens
Member, The Friends of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Greek chapter)
Member, Supreme Council of Culture -Egypt