Ayman A. El-Badry,
M.B.B.ch, M.Sc., M.D.
Broad focus is on Parasitic Diseases and Vector & vector borne-diseases diagnostics and novel therapeutics.
- Clinical & Diagnostic (Conventional, immuno & molecular) Parasitology.
- Molecular Medical Parasitology & Parasite bioinformatics.
- Novel therapeutics and antiparasitic activity of medicinal plants.
- Host-parasite interaction.
- Vectors & Vector-borne diseases and their control.
his lab include cryptosporidiosis, giardiasis, amoebiasis, filariasis, Capillariasis, trichomoniasis, malaria, leishmaniasis, and schistosomiasis.
Doctora (M.D., Ph.D) Cairo university, Basic science in Medical Parasitology (2000)
M.Sc., Cairo university, Basic science in Microbiology & Medical Parasitology (1997)
Medical degree (M.B.B.Ch), Cairo University, Medicine (1991).
Prof.: Medical Parasitology
-Founder and head: LMMP (Lab of Molecular Medical Parasitology), Department of Medical Parasitology
-Head: DRUP (Diagnostic and reseach unit of parasitic diseases), Department of Medical Parasitology
Affiliate: Kasr Al-Ainy Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt (Beni-suief University, Beni-suief, Egypt, - El-Fayium University, El-Fayium, Egypt)
Subjects & courses taught
- Medical, Clinical & Diagnostic Parasitology, Immunoparasitology & Molecular Parasitology for
- UNDERGRADUATE medical students, at Faculty of medicine of Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, (4/1995-till now), Beni-suief University, Beni-suief, Egypt (4/1995-till now), El-Fayium University, El-Fayium, Egypt (4/1995-9/2003).
- POSTGRADUATE medical students, at Kasr Al-Ainy Faculty of medicine, Cairo University, Cairo (4/1997-till now); Faculty of medicine, Beni-suief University, Beni-suief (9/2010-till now) and Faculty of medicine, El-Fayium University, El-Fayium, Egypt (9/2012-till now), Egypt.
- Post-graduate elective courses; Microscopy, Ultra-Structure of Medical Protozoa, & Ultra-Structure of Medical Helminths for postgraduate (M.D) medical students, Kasr Al-Ainy Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt (9/2010 - till now).
Director and lead speaker of Workshops organized by DRUP & LMMP,
Department of Medical Parasitology, Kasr Al-Ainy Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University
1. “Lab Diagnosis of Intestinal Protozoa (oo)cysts: Updated Faecal Microscopy & Immunoassays” March 12, 2012.
2. “Faecal Microscopy: Successful identification of Protozoa” April 21, 2012.
3. “Copro-DNA Extraction & its implementation: Genetic faecal biomarker” May 26, 2012.
4. “Nested PCR-RFLP Workshop: Molecular Identification of Protozoa Genotypes” October 13-14, 2012.
5. “Biomedical Statistics Workshop: Basic level” December 22-23, 2012.
6. “Faecal Examination for Successful Identification of Helminthic Diagnostic Stages” April
7. “PCR for Blood Parasites” June 15-16, 2013.
8. "PCR primers validation" October 3, 2013.
9. "Immunodiagnostics: Key elements for parasites detection" March 11, 2014.
10. "Successful Identification of Faecal Parasitic Stages” April 9-10, 2014.
Director of The Training Course Program “Molecular Medical Parasitology”
It is an intensive hands-on course and represents in excess of 52 hours contact time in 10 weeks.
time & Date: 18 December, 2012 – 20 March, 2013 for academic year 2012/2013.
22 october-24 December, 2013 for academic year 2013/2014.
Scientific visits and Training:
- Scientific Visit to Dr. José Miguel Rubio Laboratory, for hands on experiences and training on "Molecular Diagnosis & Genotyping of Parasites, Data analysis, PCR variants, Sequencing, Sequence Analysis . With visiting Genomic & Proteomic Unit for collaborations. Malaria & Emerging Parasites Diseases Lab. (MAPELab), Parasitology Department, Microbiology National Center, Institute of Salud Carlos III, Cra. Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain (20/8/2012 for 2 week).
- Bioinformatics: “Working with parasite data base resources” 35 hours of contact time, Open door, residential hands on courses on visualization of sequence features, genomic scale data analysis, including genome browsers & comparison tools, methods of data integration, resources for sophisticate data mining. Parasite genomics group, Sanger institute, Welcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, United Kingdom (21-26th October, 2012).
- "Establishment & organization of a research lab for molecular diagnosis Leishmaniasis and Techniques for molecular characterization of Leishmania parasite at Molecular Parasitology Laboratory", Institute for Microbiology and Hygiene, Medical School of Charite`-Campus Mitte, Humboldt University, Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany (15/7/2009 for a month).
- "Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases by Direct PCR On Blood Samples” Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt (21/10/2010).
- “Digital microscopy and imaging” (9/2005) & “Leica Pathology Day: Digital Microscopy” (28/3/2007), Jeddah, KSA.
- “The use of data base” (20/5/2007), “Visual Basic” programmer, Taibah Univ., Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah, KSA (9-2005).
- Administration & supervision on Laboratory of Special Units, Training administration, Cairo University (11-2001).
- Preparing university teacher (3-2001) & Computer skills, Cairo University (4-2000).
- Fluorescence Microscopy, Ophthalmology research institute, Giza, Egypt (1997).
- Medical Education & Electronic learning courses & workshops:
- “Medical Researches”, “Evaluation of Teaching & Students”.
- “Medical Education Workshops” 3 each 10 credit hours CME .
- “Development of university staff member teaching skills: university teaching strategies”
- “Awareness Day Workshop on Applied Blended Learning for Academic Staff”
- "Academic accreditation: understanding & how to obtain".
- "Electronic Learning in Saudi Universities scientific steps for shared success".
- “Academic Accreditation”.
- “Academic accreditation for educational colleges in Arab Countries: views & trials”.
scientific committee, Scientific Societies, Scientific Conferences (coordinator of EPU III 2012).
in national and international journals.
Executed many scientific projects in field of Medical Parasitology as a PI, Co-PI.
the Shield of the Uniformed Services University of Wisconsin, Naval School of Health, Blvd., Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.A. for teaching medical Parasitology to the postgraduate students in the course of Tropical Medicine. Hosted by NAMRU-3. in: 8:26/8/2004, 7:25/8/2005 & 7:25/8/2006.
Scopus Author ID:
6701472949 El-Badry AA
· : 000
0-0002-9673-2622 Ayman El-Badry
Google scholar ID: